|Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:36:46 -0000
From: "FDSE Update Notification" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Fluid Dynamics Search Engine update - version 2.0.0.0054
The Fluid Dynamics Search Engine was updated to version 2.0.0.0054 on June 16, 2002.
There have been dozens of code changes since the last update in November,
which are all documented on the "changes" page. Major improvements include:
* Added Latvian, Norwegian bokmål, Slovenski and Tagalog translations.
Updated Italian, Spanish, and Swedish translations.
* When the administrator edits a record to customize the title,
description or keywords, there will now be an option to persist the
changes forever, so that the customized values will remain even after
re-indexing the document.
* Added new realm type "Filtered Realm"
( more: http://www.xav.com/scripts/search/help/1133.html )
* Added feature whereby visitor-added URL's (and visitor email addresses)
can be saved to "submissions.csv" file.
* Feature change: the "Add New URL" form on the main page will now accept
URL additions to website realms, open realms, filtered realms, and
file-fed realms. Previously it only accepted URL additions to open realms.
This will make it easier to add a single new URL to a website realm
without needing to re-index the entire site.
* Now properly calls html-decode on links which use "foo&bar" syntax.
* All output is XHTML Transitional. Previously used HTML 4.01.
* Fixed major bug in which the error "seeking to position X but file is
size Y" would appear about once per 20 iterations of the BuildIndex
* Several other minor bug fixes.
The product is available from:
The help file has been expanded:
To stop receiving these update notices, please visit: